Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
We are looking for an Application Security Engineer for our Security team. He/She will play a crucial role in enhancing our organization’s security posture and ensuring the integrity of our digital assets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct thorough penetration testing on our systems, networks, and applications to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Utilize a variety of tools and methodologies to simulate cyberattacks and assess potential risks.
- Analyze and interpret the results of penetration tests, and provide detailed reports to stakeholders, including technical recommendations for remediation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to prioritize and address identified vulnerabilities and security gaps.
- Stay current with the latest hacking techniques, vulnerabilities, and cybersecurity trends to ensure the effectiveness of penetration testing efforts.
- Assist in developing and maintaining security testing methodologies and best practices.
- Writing code and automating the BAUs (Business as usual items). Python is preferred.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-4 yrs of experience in the Industry
- Proficiency in using various penetration testing tools such as Metasploit, Burp Suite, Nmap, Wireshark, etc.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, operating systems, and web application technologies.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks such as OWASP, NIST, ISO 27001, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to find vulnerabilities.
- Effective communication skills to clearly articulate technical findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to maintaining the highest standards of ethics and professionalism in the field of cybersecurity
- Experience in Bug Bounty.
Good To Have:
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), or CompTIA PenTest+ is a plus.
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.