REMOTE – INDIA/ FINANCE – GLOBAL OPERATIONS/ CONTRACTUAL
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
In your role as an Associate – Finance, India Controllership Team, you will be a key member of the India Finance and Accounting Team and report to Manager Controllership. You will be responsible for day-to-day accounting, inward & outward payments, bank reconciliation.
Role & responsibilities:
- Someone who can liaise with banks regarding the fund transfer
- Documentation work related to inward foreign remittance (funds received in USD to be converted in INR)
- Coordination with internal team members & chartered accountant to collate the documents required for outward foreign remittance
- Should be able to raise the customer invoices with the help of invoicing tool
- Reconciliation of bank statements & entries in the SAP
- Reconciliation of payment gateway transactions & escalating in case of disputes
- Assist team members in statutory audits, due diligence & internal audits
Key skills & qualifications:
- Graduate in Finance with 3-5 years of experience in accounting and payment gateway reconciliations
- Ability to pass entries and create payment wizards in SAP
- Able to perform bank reconciliation and passing bank related entries in SAP
- Handle day-to-day accounting and compliance requirements related to foreign payments
- Understanding and ability to function on SAP, Excel and basic accounting principles
- Able to identify and follow up for unallocated collections * disputed payment gateway transactions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle basic statutory audit related queries
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.