PROGRAM ADVISOR PORTUGUESE
Emeritus – LATAM
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
About the role
- Interview and Inspire: You’ll talk with students and ask questions to ensure they are a fit for our programs while encouraging them with enthusiasm.
- Counsel and Consult: You’ll explain the value of our programs while also ensuring that the program meets the needs and interests of the student.
- Recommend and Advise: You’ll help students identify the appropriate program based on their qualifications, interests, and needs and help them take the next steps to enroll
- Engage and Follow Up: Days will fluctuate between 4 hours of talk time and time invested in following up with potential students.
- Learn and make an Impact: Every day at work, you will change lives. You will work hard, you will learn new skills, and you will have fun.
- 1-2 years of proven experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, or recruiting
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Extroversion: you love talking to people and inspiring them to take their next step
- Desire to work in a chaotic, fast-paced, fun environment
- Determination and stamina, driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Understanding of technology. You don’t have to be a web developer, marketing expert, or data scientist but you must know what those jobs are and be comfortable talking about them (we will train you on talking points)
- Previous experience at a startup or fast-growing business in a new division is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience working in a remote environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; postgraduate degree preferred
- At least [1-5] years of experience in sales/education preferred
- English Intermediate
- Portuguese Native
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.