REMOTE – INDIA / TECHNOLOGY – ENGINEERING / PERMANENT / REMOTE
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join our core engineering team and help us build world class software and web-based applications.
Senior Ruby Developer responsibilities include creating back-end solutions, building efficient gems and integrating front-end components. If you’re interested in both getting your hands dirty with writing code from scratch and reviewing other people’s work, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will contribute in all phases of the software development life cycle, from design to deployment to on-call production support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
- Review and debug junior developers’ code
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts using Rspec and Capybara
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Participate in on-call production support as part of a “you build it, you run it” mindset
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- Create and refine best practices, coding standards, and documentation, and takes the opportunity to share knowledge across the team.
- Make recommendations to refine and improve our engineering practices
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Work experience as a Ruby Developer
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming
- Expertise in Rails
- Understanding of agile software development
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms
- Problem-solving skills
- Team spirit
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.